Monday, February 15, 2010

Ideas for Commonwealth Essay Competition


I'm pretty amazed at how many people from around the world found my blog by searching for this post. If you happen to be reading this, drop a comment here or in the chatbox, just so I know you were here. Enjoy

1. What technological invention(s) would most improve life in your community?
Probably the gas chamber. Pity the Germans already discovered it. Maybe I could reintroduce it to society in a more casual, people-friendly way

2. The mad scientist.
Hmm...I'm looking for a variety of post-apocalyptic themes. From zombies to mutants to giant robots

3. What positive steps can you or I start to take to tackle climate change?
I quote Joseph Stalin: Death is the solution to all problems. No man...no problem.

4. The day the computer started misbehaving.
I handcuffed it to the bed and brought out my whip...kinky. XD

5. "Science never solves a problem without creating ten more." (George Bernard Shaw)
Said the man who invented the atomic bomb. Application for citizenship in Japan was DENIED

6. An adventure in space.
Zombies in space anyone?

7. What is knowledge? Who owns it? How can it best be taught or transmitted?
Knowledge is power. Power = Money. The Jews own it. And they transmit it the same way they transmit STDs and AIDS

8. A 'eureka' moment.
"I found my car keys"

9. Is your generation wiser than your grandparents' generation?
We may be SMARTER. But I think they're definitely WISER. Excluding those having dementia and other psychological diseases.

10. Welcome to my Utopia!
A beautiful place filled with chess sets, Japanese girls, cats and communist literature...

Sigh. I don't even know where to begin
-Mark-

15 comments:

izzah haziqah said...

ohmygodd. THANKS SO MUCH FOR EUR IDEAS~! i seriously had trouble doin de commonwealth essay.. THANKS AGAIN~! xD

Mark said...

Hahaha. You're welcome. Do I know you from somewhere?

izzah haziqah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
izzah haziqah said...

i don't think so. i juz typed 'Any ideas for Commonwealth Essay?' on Google and voila, eur blog's URL came out~ HAHA. xD

izzah haziqah said...

i don't think so. i juz typed 'Any ideas for Commonwealth Essay?' on Google and voila, eur blog's URL came out~ HAHA. xD

Mark said...

Lol. That's cool. XD

Unknown said...

Wow...its a small world

Interesting ideas. I won't be using any of them, but all the still, very interesting :P

Are you participating in the contest?

Mark said...

Thank you. The ideas I put on my blog were not meant to be taken seriously. Haha. And no, I won't be participating this year. And where are you from?

Unknown said...

Well, inspiration comes from everything =P

I'm not sure if I'm participating either >.< I haven't even started yet...

I'm from Somewhere, in Canada, in North America, in the Earth, in the Solar System, in the Milky Way.
(does it even go in that order?)
XD

PS: You debate too? The world has just gotten smaller...

Mark said...

Haha. You on Facebook? I don't have many friends overseas.

And yeah, I'm in my school's debate team. You?

Unknown said...

Facebook? I have an account under a different name, but I never use it *sigh*

Yes, I just started debate this year though, but its lots of fun!

LS said...

Lol, your thoughts and ideas on the topics were pretty funny. I'm doing topic number five as an essay...I loved the comment. Hope you don't mind me using that interesting fact about Shaw as an example in my essay.

If you were wondering, I was Googling essay points for ideas when I came across your blog. You don't know me; I'm from Canada.

Mark said...

Thanks. Feel free to use anything you find on my blog. Haha. And good luck

Mark said...

Um, this is probably too late to mention - but just in case any of you misunderstood, Shaw DID NOT invent the Atomic Bomb...neither was he denied application in Japan

Kirsty ... said...

Hiii ... Just dunno which topic to choose nor what to write about .... I wanna do it any other ideas ???? Yea I need inspiration !!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails