Wednesday, December 27, 2006

MYF Youth Camp 2006

The fields
Dorm A
Basketball Court

This is the other side of the Youth Camp. The post directly below is only about the 'fun part' of the camp.

The camp was amazing, we went to Cheefoo centre ( or is it Chee Foo???) in Camerons. I have forgotton how bloody freezing it is in Camerons. Guys like Xian and Andrea can walk around in shorts. I on the other hand dress warmly in a T-Shirt + Sweater and Jeans.

The camp speaker was this comedy fat-man (no offence) named (or nicknamed) Uncle Steven.
Great guy, answered plenty of questions that I had about the existence of God and made plenty of jokes (some rather lame) . Also, he likes using the phrase "so far so good" having said it over 50 times more or less throughout the 4 sessions

On the second night, there was a 'rap competition' in the basketball court where 3 fellers stand in the middle of a crowd and make cracks about each other. It was quite sad actually cause no one there could make more than 2 sentences that rhymed.

Round 1
Darren Hew
Qi Vin
Eugene

Round 2
Ian Teh
Ho Di-Yan
Jason Soon


Also on the second night, someone had a "spiritual encounter" at about 3:00 in the morning where he saw a white figure go past him and a dark figure standing at the doorway for around 20 minutes. Weird thing is: he shouted and no one else woke up. He even called them on the handphone and screamed(shouted?) and still everyone was fast asleep.
(I was in the other dorm so I dont know much about it)

Food was GREAT.
We had breakfast, lunch and dinner there not including supper. Hot Milo there is a life-saver cause its so freaking cold.

We also had outdoor games and we had to stand in the field while it was raining (it never stops raining there) and kena wet mud and water balloons. OMG! I wanted to murder the feller who made the games. But in the end I enjoyed myself, I think every one enjoyed themselves so what the heck?


Ah yes, Sharing Night on DAY 3 where people pour out their hearts, troubles and whatever God intends them to say to us and I was nearly in tears, which was the closest I've ever came to crying in years. The rest is Private & Confidential so I rather not put it in here.


Verdict: ROCKS MY WORLD

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails