Saturday, December 22, 2007

Youth Camp 007


I suppose it's about time I wrote a little something about my Youth Camp. I know I'm neglecting my blog again...my bad

Anyway,
As with every adventure, camp began with the journey of a thousand miles (which in this case came in the form of a bus ride to Stella Maris, Penang)

First day of camp started with us checking into our rooms followed by a concert. Dinner was nice (as with all Youth Camps) and the evening was spent gazing into the sea or hanging out with friends(new and old).

Second day started with breakfast and the first Session by Pastor Lindy Ong. After that we played water games which I got my one of my legs tied together with a kinda cute girl for one of the challenges which involved getting a balloon from one place to another (sounds easy right...? It wasn't)
Later during the night was another game (I got my hand tied together with the same cute girl...and there was a semi-romantic moment...I think)

Third day began with Morning devotion in which our group shared gossip-worthy secrets with one another. There was another Session with Pastor Lindy which included games that left many of us feeling a little foolish...

Afternoon had more games by the beach where both my legs were tied together(I was alone this time) where we played Station games. I never realized how difficult is was to walk (more like hop) around the beach with two of your legs tied together.

In one of the games our group all had to squeeze together to fit onto a mat laid on the sand with all our legs off the ground (please remember that my legs are tied together to appreaciate the next sentence). Unfortunately...someone lost their hold on me and I fell, rolling down the sand all the way to the sea.

We also created a group cheer which we performed(unsuccessfully)

During the night we played a game where we had to solve a mystery involving the mysterious kidnaping of a guy called 'fish'

We tried our best to stay awake all night...I didn't make it, and fell asleap at 4:30 a.m

Fourth day we had a final session and pilled onto the bus heading back to CGMC, Ipoh. Which reminds me, one of the girls there borrowed one of my black shirts to wear during the games...I have never seen it since.

-Mark-
Related Posts with Thumbnails