Wednesday, June 04, 2008

MSSM 08 - Love & Chess

It seems that everything I update this bloody thing, I start off with apologizing because the last post was done many, many months ago.

Anyway, plenty has happened since last year...some good, some bad. But thankfully, my brain only seems to remember the good stuff.

So the current major event of my life is the MSSM, which ended last week.

-It started with me representing my school (St. Michael's Institution) to the MSSD, where I got Champion ahead of such tough competitors such as James William Foong and Mohd. Azam, so needless to say...I was kinda proud of myself.

-Then there was MSSD selection, something which has never happened before. Azam was not able to come, and I defeated James to earn my status as the Under-15 Champion of Kinta Utara.

-MSSPK, which almost killed me, especially after 2 brothers (insanely strong, diehard chess players) from Selangor migrated to Perak and played in my category. I lost to the younger one (Fong Yit San), and drew with the older brother (Fong Yit Ho), securing my place as number 3. Abdul Rahman, who got 3rd place in the Nationals last year (2007) was unfortunately knocked out of the top 8.

-MSSPK Selection, which was slightly easier...since there were 2 players who weren't as strong as the rest of us. The top 6 would represent Perak to the MSSM. I drew with both brothers, which put me in 3rd place...again.

-Centralized Training, where we trained for the final battle at MSSM Melaka. We had group bonding activities, which was kinda fun. I was put in the Team Category alongside the two brothers. We were allies at last!

-MSSM, where I experieced heartbreak too severe to describe. Anyway, our team did alright, 4th place ahead of Kuala Lumpur. I only got 3 points over 7, having drew 4 games! (which is a record for me). I wish we had done better...we were aiming for the Gold medal this year.

-So having failed in Love and Chess...I began the long journey back to Ipoh. I slept most of the way.

Pictures are on their way...my friends haven't sent them to me yet

-Mark-

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails