Friday, January 30, 2009

Rappin' with da Lycans this CNY

Went 'house visiting' with my CG members today.

Reached church at about 10:30 am. Due to Malaysian timing (which is always 10-20 minutes late), it took us about half an hour to get everyone together.

First stop: Sandra's house!

Carl and I were making (rather lame) jokes about Sandra's place, cause there is this big, kinda obvious CCTV aimed at the gate and spikes on the walls. Carl kept screaming "LOOK OUT FOR THE LANDMINES, LOOK OUT FOR THE LANDMINES!!!"

Once inside (no casualties due to exploding landmines were reported), we settled down to eat and drink. Sandra's infant brother kept bringing out snacks and stuff for us. I like that kid already.

Also, we played some card games and waited for our old CG leader to arrive (Andrea, who recently underwent surgery on his foot). There, we learned that Wen June couldn't come because her cousin got pregnant (uhuh...)

Received my Ang Pau with deep gratitude and humility.

Next stop: Fish's house!
I'm still not sure how he got the name 'Fish'. His real name is Foo Yi Wern.

We went to the TV room to play Mahjong. Fish kept telling us on the way that he wanted to play Mahjong with us and win all our money. But once we got there, he disappeared to take a shower and didn't return until we were ready to leave.

It's a small world we live in.
Turns out that Fiona stays not too far from Fish's place. After 'persuading' Sandra to come with me, we took a short walk to her house. She didn't look too thrilled to see me though.
I went with Sandra, Daniel (naturally) and Fish, who wanted another Ang Pau.

Fiona's house is guarded by these huge Lycan/Werewolf/Anubis/Sirius Black/DOGS who looked perfectly capable of taking my head off if they felt inclined to. Sandra wouldn't go near them...and Fiona wouldn't open the gate, so we walked back to Fish's car to our next destination.

Elaine's house!

Which I have never been in before. Only stayed there for a little while. Invaded her room, with Fish treating Elaine as his personal servant girl. Met her parents, and walked 12 houses away to:

Judith's house!

Where we ate lunch and hung out for the rest of the afternoon. The food (as usual) was good. We dared each other to taste Judith's grandmother's sambal. As it turned out, lunch was a dramatic affair, which ended with people crying...because of the sambal.

We also played this board game called 'Settlers of Catan' which was pretty cool, but I was more interested in her PS2. Played Tekken 5 with all the guys - Won 11 Lost 1 - which is not bad considering I haven't played Tekkan in more than a year.

And of course, as is tradition: we have to kneel before her parents to receive our Ang Pau. And they can request any type of performance they want from us.

There's gotta be an easier way to earn $$$...

I had to say Happy Chinese New Year in an Indian accent. I managed to pull it off convincingly (thank you Russell Peters). Others had to say it in different Chinese dialects. the rest had to greet her parents by RAPPING. Really hilarious...we recorded the moment using handphones and cameras. I hope Sandra sends the videos to me (and the pictures too)

After that, the others decided to go to a Cyber Cafe.
Elaine got excited about playing DotA...
I called it quits: Fish sent me home

-Mark-

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails